Singapore holds a small space in our hearts, since we did long distance for 2 years between Singapore and Bangkok!
The hour flight and one hour time difference dint feel too bad when weekend plans were so easy to make!
So here are our must EAT & DRINK places in Singapore:
1. Sin Hoi Sai Eating House on East Coast Road for the Indonesian Chilli Chicken & Fried Rice
Range: $$ (worth every dollar, if your feeling for chicken rice as well- the east coast brand as a FIVE STAR right beside the restaurant)
2. Wooloomooloo Steakhouse at Swissotel The Stamford for the best black pepper lamb rack!
Range: $$$$ (expensive, but a good date-night, dress up for some really yummy food and good wine)
3. Swee Choon Tim-Sum for the best local bites after hours
Range: $ (Cheap and fantastic!)
4. Engs Noodle House for the best Wan-tan-mee in SG!! (the Singaporean version of our Thai Bamee-Moo-Daeng). Make sure to try abit of the chilli sauce if you have the taste buds for it!
Range: $ (Street side taste with street side prices!)
5. Happy hour at OverEasy Bar & Diner at Fullerton
Range: $$ (In relevance to SG drink prices, not so bad! Happy hour is WORTH IT)
6. Satay, Sting Ray and local delights at Lau Pa Sat food court
Range: $$$ (Pricey for a food court, but great selection of local bites)
7. Modesto for some good Italian if your feeling for some good outdoorsy feeling and pizza, bottle of wine and spicy spaghetti
Range: $$ (Great meal when you want to take a break from shopping in orchard area)
8. Jumbo for the best best best chilli crab! make sure to order the fried bread buns and dip it in the crab sauce.
Range: $$$ (worth it for some good authentic and tasty crab! Tip: Eat with your hands)
9. Ponggol Nasi Lemak for Nikhil’s must have on the first day in Singapore!
Range: $ (it’s an acquired taste, but if you like the flavours- you will love it at this restaurant)
10. Kinki Restaurant & Bar is our super date-night spot for great Japanese food and a beautiful bar on the rooftop! Make sure to try it!
Range: $$$ (mmmm, we have a fancy taste. Tip: Request for a table by the window ♥)
Apart from all the OMNOM-ing:
– Spend a day at Orchard road shopping.. Start at Somerset and walk down to Orchard!
– A day at Sentosa on the Skyline Luge & we loved iFly for a fun indoor sky-diving experience